Blobs an OLE

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
jkovar

Blobs an OLE

Post by jkovar »

I have a PocketPC app that syncs data to MS Sql database. Two of the fields are image type. During my evaluation, I had difficulty getting the images to display.

What I had hoped to do was have an icon or thumbnail in the list view and have a detail view open below for the highlighted row that showed the image in full size.

Is this possible in Aware IM.

Also, I think I read somewhere that Derby would not allow external JDBC access while Aware is running. Is this correct?

Thanks,
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Yes, you can specify a different (smaller) size in the presentation dialog for picture attributes to be used when displayed in query result lists. When the user clicks an item in the list the full-size picture will be shown on the form.

Yes, Derby does not allow external JDBC access while Aware IM is running. You either need to stop Aware IM before uploading data into the database, or use a different database (MySQL, MSDE/SQL Server) instead of Derby.
Aware IM Support Team