Ref URL from web direct to forms in Aware

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ab042

Ref URL from web direct to forms in Aware

Post by ab042 »

I need help on THREE items, please. I've been playing with inputEntity.do and newUser.do but can't seem to get them to display a form.

#1) I'm trying to get directly from my web site to a form with rules to be used by a customer. (It should be ADD ONLY, with no search ability) and after the forms completed it should return to my web site.

#2) I need a user to be able to get directly from my web site to a REGISTERATION FORM in Aware and after the registeration is completed, Signin to the site to view their Customer accessable stuff.

#3) How do you define a DOMAIN in these URL's. I didn't see that option and for the record I have copied my app to the default BO and still can't get it to display.

Can you give me an example URL's for the above please.

Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You need to log into Aware IM as guest, so that the URL has to be "logonGuest.do?..." (check the User Manual for the exact URL for the guest).

You also need to define a visual perspective for the guest user that would include self-registration option (this is a special command and a special form can be used if you mark a form as "used in self-registration"). Aware IM will automatically log into the appropriate access level after self-registration.

You can't use other URL's outside of Aware IM without logging into Aware IM first.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Thank you. I was doing everything corret but I forgot the Access Level settings and believe I have that fixed now.

I have several different user sign-ups, is it possible to automatically send them directly to a form.

If I understand correctly and the way I have it working is the user is presented with a MENU with ONE item on it to register. Then selects that ONE item and everything appears fine from that point.

I would like to skip the MENU and clicking part and go directly to the form.

Any suggestions?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You can try this:

1) Implement it as a visual perspective with one menu item first
2) Check the URL that this menu item invokes (should start with switchMenu.do?...)
3) Implement a custom HTML page for your main page that would immediately re-direct to this URL (use HTML re-direction using a PRAGMA directive)
Aware IM Support Team