Wishlist: Query > Look for and use form

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
RLJB

Wishlist: Query > Look for and use form

Post by RLJB »

When configuring a query and using a specific form to do a search it would be beneficial to be able to have some more pre-defined options:

1. A "clear" button on the form would be helpful. We usually have the search form displaying in a VP panel so it is permanently there and the results going to a different panel. It would be nice to have a button that quickly clear outs the search form so the user can search/filter again.

2. A "default" setting for certain fields so you can run the query and have an attribute auto default in the search form - that way the user can see the restriction that has been placed on the query and edit it.

3. An easier way to deal with Dates and date range searches. Currently if you put a date on the search form, you must set that specific date (this is useless with a timestamp, as you must enter the exact time too), it would be nice to have the option of quickly doing a date range search.

Thanks.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
cishpix

Re: Wishlist: Query > Look for and use form

Post by cishpix »

RLJB wrote: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:19 am 3. An easier way to deal with Dates and date range searches. Currently if you put a date on the search form, you must set that specific date (this is useless with a timestamp, as you must enter the exact time too), it would be nice to have the option of quickly doing a date range search.
May I know the above wishlist have been supported in currently version?

Is it possible if I use search form to find some data based on range search?
example: find score range or date range
Regards,

Suwandy
-----------------
Kisaran - Indonesia
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Hey Suwandy - hope you're keeping well mate.

Yes this area has improved a lot, using the drop down filter on the column header you can easily do date range searches on a column. Also the timestamp thing isn't an issue any more because if you just select a day on a filter for a column that is a timestamp attribute you get all the records for that day.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
cishpix

Post by cishpix »

Hi Rod, I'm fine and hope you're very well..
Yes, I know the query support range search. I just think if can we search directly from form :D
Regards,

Suwandy
-----------------
Kisaran - Indonesia