colour glitch

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pbrad

colour glitch

Post by pbrad »

Hi,
I suspect that I have corrupted something but I am having a problem with top corners of each form. Although I can change the colour of everything else on the screen, I can't seem to figure out how to change the form corners. I have uploaded an image to: http://www.thevirtualsalesrep.com/temp/formproblem.jpg so that you can see what I am talking about. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Pete,

you haven't corrupted anything - this is the current limitation in Aware IM. However, there is a workaround, albeit, maybe, not a very pleasant one.

The corners that you observer are images and you can edit these images manually using programs, such as Paint or Adobe Photoshop, to match colors that you want.

The images are located in AwareIMRoot/Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM/painter_yourBusinessSpace/fw/def/image/corners directory.
where "yourBusinessSpace" is the name of your business space (with a prefix BASTestDomain if you are working in the testing mode) followed by the version number and access level.

The names of the images are bl.gif, br.gif, l.gif, r.gif

You can edit the images in this directory, however, the changes will be lost if you publish a new business space version. If you don't want the changes to be lost you have to edit the images in AwareIMRoot/Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM/fw/def/image/corners directory. (when a new version is published Aware IM copies images from this directory into the painter_... directory).

The problem is that if you do this Aware IM will start using these images for all business space versions.

We recommend the following:
1) Ignore the problem during the development of your business space
2) When your application is ready edit images in the painter... directory
3) Save the copy of the edited images somewhere
4) If you make changes to your version later copy your changes over to the new painter_ directory when a new version is published.
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Okay thanks, I can live with that.
Cheers.