Deleting all Instances from a Busienss Object

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Deleting all Instances from a Busienss Object

Post by denisv »

Taken from other thread:

If you need to delete instances of a particular business object you can either use a query in your application with the delete operation enabled for multiple instances, or configure a process with two rules like these:

FIND ALL MyObject
DELETE MyObject

a)I have created a query with Delete operation enabled for multiple instances. This displays all queried values with a chcek box beside them and the delete operation at the bottom. Is there no way of 'Selecting All'

b) I then tried the process as above. It displays the query result with all values and radio buttons. If you select one and contine it takes a long time but does nothing.

I've checked the user manual, is there a step I am missing or can the select all be available.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Does your process have any input (parameter) defined?

If it has, what you see is Aware IM asking you to select the value for this parameter. You should not have any parameters defined for this process.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

The process is exactly this with no parameters:

FIND ALL MyObject
DELETE MyObject

Where MyObject is the Object I want to 'clear'

DV
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I had this problem and believe the information below may help. Please note I'm not with AwareIM and please forgive if its misinformation.

I believe they are talking about the GENERAL tab not the RULE TAB of the process. There are two large selection areas on the GENERAL TAB. On the RIGHT SIDE its "For this Process" and that should be BLANK with nothing selected or the process will use that Business Object to give you the ability to select records.
denisv

Post by denisv »

Thanks.

I originally had the Business Object stated here. I then removed but the result is still to show all instances with check boxes by each item.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There is no way Aware IM would display checkboxes for a process like this unless you have parameters of the process defined as described by ab042. We have tested it on our systems and it seems fine.

Please double check your process for parameters or send us your configuration.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

a) I'll forward screen shots to show
b) I have this process in two menu areas, 1 below folder level and the other below a second folder
c) Just tried the first process and it did not display screen and deleted 1000 of 1600 instances
d) When I run it from the 'second level' menu I get the form with check box selections. It is the same process on each occassion.
denisv

Post by denisv »

Note,

When running the process again from the lower level menu, it again displayed all the remaining instances. From here, I could run the same process from the higher level menu (as it was available) and it then deleted the remainder without having to select any.

Seems to be a case of in or not in context ?