2 General Guestions

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
john

2 General Guestions

Post by john »

Hi

Just two very quick questions
I created a business space when I installed the software but had problems with it (somewhere else in this forum). These problems got resolved but during this time I created a new business space and have been using this one instead. Can I now delete the original? I know it sounds daft but it wont seem to let me. I would like to do this because I want to use the LogonOP link to login to the new space as opose to the one that the requires you to type all of the credentials. I also notoced that when you clean out the unnecessery business spaces and obsolete versions of spaces that the system seemed to run quicker (this may just be me)?

I have downloaded the latest version of the software to install, but when I try to install over the old version it says "Cannot Open Wrapper.exe For Writing". I needed the newer version because it has the added feature of showing a correct record count for queries that find READ PROTECTED records. I have obviously stopped the service running (as its installed as a service) and also rebooted the server but this didn't seem to work?

I hope that makes sense

Best Regards
John
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

John,

1. You cannot delete the default business space and you do not need to do so. You can simply export the business space configuration from the other business space into a BSV file, create a new version in the default business space, and import the application configuration from the BSV file into the new version of the default business space. Then you can test or publish it to use the default business space login form in the operation mode.

2. The most likely reason is that the file is still being used by Windows. Is it possible that after you rebooted the server the service started again automatically? In that case try stopping the service but not rebooting the server. Before installing the new version, check that the file is no longer locked by Windows, for example by moving it into a different directory. If the file can be moved you can proceed with the install. If the file is still locked try running UninstallService.bat and rebooting the server.
Aware IM Support Team
john

Post by john »

Hi

Thanks for the tip but I am having problems with this. My new business space is very different to the one I started with when I first installed the software. There are several new tables and some of the old ones have gone from my design. For this reason it will not let me publish the newly imported version. I get an error to that affect when I try to do it.

I found that the system seemed to run quicker when I logged into the original version which is another reason why I am eager to get rid of everything I dont need, as I am still suffering occasionally from the 'Out Of Memory' message. Is the fact that I am constalnty making changes and running the system in testing mode making much of a difference? I noticed an option on the Control Panel to control how much information is logged in the two states. I am just trying to make sure at this point, that when the system goes live it is as efficiant as possible from a software point of view (what the server is doing is obviously down to us)

Do you have anymore suggestions on any of this?

Best Regads
John
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

John,

Please email the error message to [email protected]

Regarding the speed. There should not be any difference in speed between the default business space and other business spaces. There is a couple of things that affect performance (and you have noticed both of them):

1. Publishing a new version. Every time you publish a new version, either in the main or the test mode, the system re-generates all object forms before displaying them for the first time. This happens only once for each form and subsequent display of forms for the same object should be very quick. Therefore, this should not be an issue in the regular operation.

2. Logging detail level. By default the logging for test mode is set to the most detailed level, while the logging for the main mode is set to record only most important events. More detailed logging may affect the performance, which may become noticeable as the number of rules in the application grows.
Aware IM Support Team
john

Post by john »

Hi

I have forwarded an error to [email protected] as requested. This is not the exact error you requested as I cannot acutally get into the configuration tool from my remote PC anymore. I will try it on the server and forward the original error on also

Thanks
John
john

Post by john »

Hi

I believe we may be able to dis-regard my last message. I think what has happened is in my attempts to instasll the latest version of the software the BASServer.props file had been over written and even though the installation was incomplete. I tried to move wrapper.exe out of the BIN directory and back in again and this was fine but it still didnt install.

The uninstallservice.bat file however did the trick so this is fine now so thanks very much for that.

Also with regards to the other message I received (when trying to import a business space version) this seemed to work better when I did it from the server and not my remote config tool. I dont know if you know of any reason for that but hopefully all should be fine now.

Thanks very much again
John
john

Post by john »

Hi

Sorry to be a pain but since I have installed version 863 of the software I cannot get the configuration tool to work anymore unless I run it from within the Control Panel. When I try to use it the app just hangs with no errors. I did notice that there is a drop down box (selecting business space) which is not present when ran from the desktop shortcut or from the version installed on my remote PC (which I believe was just version 2).

This means therefore that when ran as a service I cannot get into the application at all? Is there a new version of the control panel I should also be downloading? I am not that bothered about the fact that the shortcuts on the server no longer work as I am very rarely sat in front of this because of my grographic location. I would just like to get my PC version running again (when running as a service of course)

Kind Regards
John
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

John,

Whenever you install a new version of the software on the server you also need to update the Configuration Tool installed on workstations to the same version.
Aware IM Support Team
john

Post by john »

Hi

Thanks for that, I have figured that out now

I would also like to add that I believe my slow responses I have been experiencing may have been down to a rule I had running when a user logged in. I had a Welcome message specific to the user that was not written properly.

I discovered this in the log file provided in the Control Panel which was extremely helpful. I have re-jigged this and now my system is absolutely flying. I thought I would mention it because it maybe a question worth putting to people if they ever have slow responses to save you guys time (a case of user error!)

Anyway thankyou for your great support

Best Regards
John
john

Post by john »

Hi

I appolagise but I need to re-visit this one. With regards to exporting out of one business space and importing into another (the default space) I am encountering an error when publishing:

Exception publishing business space version AwareIM server encountered the following error. Could not prepare entity statement 14'DROP TABLE' cannot be performed on 'AGENCYLOGON_BANKDETAILS' because it does not exist

Now I realise that there is a table missing called BankDetails but this is missing for a reason. Is there no quick way around this without me having to completely re-jig the business space I am trying to import?

I hope that makes sense, there is more in my previous posts

Best Regards
John