Aware IM "About" link in the browser application?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
twhitehurst

Aware IM "About" link in the browser application?

Post by twhitehurst »

Is it possible to remove this About Link from the Browser? We have several users as an Application Service Provider that we do not want to know the platform. This also creates a competition issue for us so we would like to hide any reference to Aware. Is this possible?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Not at the moment. With Aware IM Developer Edition you can specify the name of your application and your own copyright message that will be displayed in the About box. This is useful when distributing your applications to your customers for installation on their computers. However, the 'Powered By Aware IM' message will still appear in the About box.

We are going to add the ability to remove the About link from the menu shortly. We will post a message to this forum topic when the software update is available for download.
Aware IM Support Team
twhitehurst

Thank you for the response

Post by twhitehurst »

Thank you for the response. This would be a very important feature for us. We love the AwareIM product; however, as an ISP we have clients that do strange things once they work to figure out our supplier or platform vendor. Hiding the Aware information and branding to us would be a very important improvement.

Thank you again,
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The functionality to switch off the About menu is now available (starting from build 729) in the Development edition only. To switch off the About menu go to the menu definition in the Visual perspective and untick the "Include about menu" check box.
Aware IM Support Team
bazar2009

Post by bazar2009 »

Hi Support,

I just upgraded to the 4.5 developer version (1184) and I am unable to find the "Include about menu" checkbox. I would like to remove the about menu item from an existing bsv but can mfind no way to do this.

Please help.

Thanks,

Bazar
tford

Post by tford »

In a VP, click on the General tab. You can check "turn off 'Powered by' message' & see if that also changes the About menu.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
bazar2009

Post by bazar2009 »

Hi Tom,

I did do that already and the 'Powered by' message is gone but the about menu item still exists.

Thanks,

Bazar
bazar2009

Post by bazar2009 »

I got it...

I had to check the turn off powered by on every visual perspective and then the about icon was gone.

Thanks Tom