LoginName length

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ab042

LoginName length

Post by ab042 »

Is there a way to increase the length of the LoginName? Since its one of the system fields it is greyed out.

I would like the LoginName to be a users EMAIL address and the length needs to be a little longer.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We will allow changing this in the next build.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This has been done starting from build 868. You won't see the difference in the existing user objects. However, if you add a business object to the SystemUser group you will see the changes.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Thank you, this is working well. However, I have one more request.

Will you PLEASE increase the length of the LOGIN NAME & PASSWORD fields in all the logon.do, logonOp etc etc so it doesn't hide half the field when the user is keying the email address as the login name.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You can change them manually. Open files logon.jsp, logonOp.jsp located in AwareIM/Tomcat/AwareIM/webapps

Search for <forms: text element. Change the attribute "size" from default value of 16 to something else. Aware IM will automatically pick up the changes.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Not being a java expert. I don't understand where the .DO files are or how they get generated and the Logon we need is the "logonOp.do" in order to pass the Parameter we need.

I can and did change the "logonOp.jsp" file and it does show the new size field but that doesn't seem to do anything with the logonOp.do process.

Thats why I posted thinking it was something generated on the fly and you would have to change it?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You need to modify two files: logon.jsp and logonOp.jsp. There is nothing else. No files are generated on the fly. The .do options use these two files.

Aware IM should pick up the changes automatically. If it doesn't try to re-start the Aware IM Control Panel.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Note for anyone else trying this fix, there is an additional file I found that also needs changed. Its the "logonOpNoCookie.jsp" file

Otherwise you don't see the increased in the input fields if your using "LogonOp.do".