Left & Right Pane / Banner

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
autonomy2

Left & Right Pane / Banner

Post by autonomy2 »

Hello Support.

When customizing the left / right panes and banner, is it possible to use hyperlinks to run processes and / or return queries to the main work area (frame)?

Or, are these customized pages, considered to be 'outside' of the AwareIM environment?

:D
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, very much so. This is one of the reasons these customized pages are there in the first place. The list of the URL's that can be used in these pages is in the User Guide. There is also an example of such pages and links in the Library sample appliation (visual perspective for members).
Aware IM Support Team
autonomy2

Clarification on question

Post by autonomy2 »

My project needs a dynamic menu. From prior questions to Support, I understand this is not available (yet?).

I am clear on the left / right pane and banner / footer being able to retrieve queries, processes etc... by hyperlink.

What I had envisioned is creating a Menu Object, that holds menu items (hyperlinks) and calling this from the left pane (on page load).

In doing so, it would display a list of hyperlinks, which would then query Aware IM and return the results to the main work page or frame, rather than back to the original source (left pane).

I have looked through the User Manual and studied Appendix D, but seem to form the conclusion that these hyperlinks, of course, are only going to return the data back to the page that called it.

Also, I don't think the Aware Rule Language would allow this.

Would this be correct? :D
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

My project needs a dynamic menu. From prior questions to Support, I understand this is not available (yet?).
Do you mean the menu that pops up dynamically at certain moments? Which moments are these? There is a possibility to use different visual perspectives - with the standard menu and without it. You can then define a menu item that would switch the perspectives.

I have looked through the User Manual and studied Appendix D, but seem to form the conclusion that these hyperlinks, of course, are only going to return the data back to the page that called it.
This can be easily achived by specifying "target=main" attribute for your hyperllinks: <a href="..." target="main" >. This way the output will be re-directed to the main page rather than the original frame.

Also, I don't think the Aware Rule Language would allow this.
No, not at the moment, but you can solve your problems with the "target" attribute as described above.
Aware IM Support Team