html forms

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
RocketRod

html forms

Post by RocketRod »

Now that I can use an html template to create documents I need an html tool to help me design the templates as I know no html! LOL.

Anyone know of good hopefully free software that I can use to build forms and save as html? There are heaps of stuff on the internet for web forms but they seem to be more for contact forms or surveys and they are used to collect data. I just want an html form that I can edit to add the tags then upload to AwareIM as a template.

Cheers Rod
Rennur

Post by Rennur »

You can use an online HTML editor
http://www.quackit.com/html/online-html-editor/

Coffeecup Free Editor
http://www.coffeecup.com/free-editor/

Cheers
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Thanks Rennur. All working well.

Cheers Rod
customaware

Post by customaware »

Which one did you go with Rod?
Cheers,
Mark
hpl123

Headway

Post by hpl123 »

If any of you make some headway with this, it would be great if you would share an example so we all can see the possibilities using this approach. Thanks
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Actually not either as Rennur put a thought in my mind that I could just use the software that I use for my web help that I have incorporated into my apps. I use HelpSmith. So I can now easily create html templates without knowing html! I also have the html to pdf freebie that Rennur suggested working as well. So my last step is to put it all in a process.

But I have an issue Rennur with that.

I previously just did a create document using a form operation with the user defined documents ticked so users could select one of their own templates. I'm now wanting to use a process instead so I can do the export and convert to pdf but the tags in the template are not being replaced with the data from the form. It works fine using the create document from the form but the process doesn't do it.

I have the BO as process input and just do a

Display document UserDefDoc.UDD_Template

so I can't see what I'm doing wrong. I'm just trying a display first and once I know that that works I'll change it to an export, convert and import.

Happy to share once I have it all working.
Rennur

Post by Rennur »

Hi Rod,
I have the BO as process input and just do a
What is is BO input? UserDefDoc? Maybe the process should have 2 inputs, UserDefDoc & the BO to get the values from.
Display document UserDefDoc.UDD_Template
Are the document values stored in UserDefDoc for the HTML template to display?

Cheers