Hyperlinks; loading object forms & attribute values

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
autonomy2

Hyperlinks; loading object forms & attribute values

Post by autonomy2 »

Hello Support.

In regards to the presentation function in AwareIM, is it possible to load a form (object) with the form attributes embedded using a hyperlink - based on the query results of the presentation?

:D
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Absolutely. Simply select the operation type Edit Business Object in the hyperlink details.
Aware IM Support Team
autonomy2

Passing attribute values via Hyperlinks

Post by autonomy2 »

Hello Support.

I understand the following loads an object form;

inputEntity.do?actionMethod=displayForm&entityName=objectName

How would one express loading attribute values on this object form, with values passed from a hyperlink? Is this possible?

aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Could you describe the scenario you want to implement in more details?
Aware IM Support Team
autonomy2

Form attribute pre-population using hyperlink

Post by autonomy2 »

As an example, I have a form (business object) called "FormValues" with two attributes defined as "ValueOne" and "ValueTwo".

The hyperlink used to call the form for editing would be;

inputEntity.do?actionMethod=displayForm&entityName=FormValues

To pre-populate the two attributes on this form using the hyperlink you would need to express this in the hyperlink (supposedly), which might look something like;

inputEntity.do?actionMethod=displayForm&entitiyName=FormValues&entityValueOne=SomeValue&entityValueTwo=SomeValue

I'm asking, as I can't get this to work properly. The hyperlink calls the form correctly, but the form attributes aren't populated (basically ignoring the rest of the hyperlink).

aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

You cannot pass initial values using this method, but there are a couple of easier ways to initialize an object using standard Aware IM functionality. One is to add a process with a single rule in it:

ENTER NEW MyEntity WITH MyEntity.AttributeOne = 'value1', MyEntity.AttributeTwo = 'value2'

and call this process from a hyperlink. The other way is to simply specify the initial values for the attributes in the attribute properties dialog so that no additional process would be necessary.
Aware IM Support Team