Changing the instance of a reference attribute

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Changing the instance of a reference attribute

Post by denisv »

I have a Business Object with a reference attribute to another object. When I create the object and select the attribute I can save fine. I want then to be able to change that instance to a different one and if I enable delete on the attribute that works dine giving me a blank attribute that I can then add a different referenced instance to.

However, if the referenced attribute is a required field I run into difficulty. When deleting the instance, the Bus Ob would appear to save itself immediately thereby giving me an error as the field is momentarily empty.

How can I change the instance to a different one without getting this required field error report in between ?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

You can add a new object to a reference attribute without deleting the existing one first. The system will automatically replace the existing one with the new one for the reference and there will be no validation problems for required attributes.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

I have looked at this again. The problem I have is that in order for the 'Select' button to be available, you also have to have the 'Create New' button. You cannot simply have the select on it's own.

Is this meant to be the case ? I so not want users to create new instances but select existing ones only.

The select does do the desired function as you state.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

"Select" button is not available for "Owner of" relationship type, but other than that "Select" and "Create New" buttons should be available independently of each other. Please try the latest build to see if it fixes the problem.
Aware IM Support Team