V5.8 Change URL other than /AwareIM/

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
marc

V5.8 Change URL other than /AwareIM/

Post by marc »

Hi,

in previous Version I have changed the default Web- URL from /AwareIM/ to /go/
In Version V5.8 there are no data showing up after login to the app with the browser.

Which files I need the change using a custom URL in 5.8 ?
<<Marc>>
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

This is from a document I maintain for dealing with server configurations:

1. Rename C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM directory to C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\[NEWFOLDERNAME]

2. Open the file web.xml located in the AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/[NEWFOLDERNAME]/WEB-INF directory, search for AwareIM and replace it with [NEWFOLDERNAME] - there will be one instance

3. Open the file aware.js located in C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\NEWFOLDERNAME\aware_ext, search for AwareIM and replace it with [NEWFOLDERNAME] - there will be one instance

4. Open the file aware_full.js located in C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\[NEWFOLDERNAME]\aware_ext, search for AwareIM and replace it with [NEWFOLDERNAME] - there will be one instance

5. Open UIConfig.props file in C:\AwareIM\bin and add: OperationMode = http://localhost:8080/[NEWFOLDERNAME]/logonAdmin.html at the bottom of the file

6. Open the file web.xml located in the AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/newfoldername/WEB-INF directory

Verify settings:
<!-- The Welcome File List -->
<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>logon.html</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

Note that you will also have to change back anything else you may have modified such as session timeout and memory settings in the control panel. It will pay to keep a good document on all of your configurations.
hpl123

Point 6

Post by hpl123 »

kklosson wrote:
6. Open the file web.xml located in the AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/newfoldername/WEB-INF directory

Verify settings:
<!-- The Welcome File List -->
<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>logon.html</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>
Good overview Kklosson, I will add it to the knowledgebase. I was just wondering regarding this last point. Should one verify so these exact lines of code are there or what should one check/verify? (also, are there cases where they are not?)
Thanks
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Frankly, I can't remember why we've added that and I'm not sure if it's related to the folder name change or the fact that we are employing SSL, but I known that things don't work right for me without it.
hpl123

Additional guides?

Post by hpl123 »

Ok thanks, I will write a note about it on the knowledgebase post. By the way when talking about SSL, do you have a equally straight forward guide for setting up SSL? (and also other general system/server config if you want to share?).

I know there are several discussions about this topic throughout the forum but if you have the working guide (s) it would be a lot easier. I will also add the guide (s) to the knowledgebase. Thanks
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

There is a reference to the keystore file in the server.xml file – see below for details C:AwareIM\Tomcat\conf\Server.xml file changes that may need to be recreated after an upgrade:
1. HTTP connector:
Change http port to 80 from 8080
Change redirect port to 443 from 8443

2. HTTPS connector:
Remove comment marks from HTTPS section
Change https port to 443 from 8443

Add:
keystoreFile="C:\Users\Public\[your file name]"
keystorePass="[Your Pass]"

Change the maxThreads from 150 to 300 */not required buy said to improve capacity and performance /*
This is from the AwareIM User Forum posting http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic. ... e&start=15
BobK

Post by BobK »

When changing the AwareIM folder name, there is 1 more step if you use the mobile option:

Open the file aware.js located in C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\NEWFOLDERNAME\aware_ext_mobile, search for AwareIM and replace it with [NEWFOLDERNAME] - there will be one instance

From posting http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4671
Bob
hpl123

THX

Post by hpl123 »

Thanks kklosson for the additional guide and thanks Bob for the additional step. I will add these to the knowledgebase.

PS: When it comes to the SSL setup, I haven´t done this configuration myself yet but if I add the exact steps you outlined kklosson, will that be enough and is that the "whole" story or are there other things one should do? I will also search the forum but thought i´d ask. Thanks
Gabbitas

folder missing!

Post by Gabbitas »

I have always performed the following step when changing the default folder for aware:

Open the file 'aware_ext.js' located in C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\newname\config, search for AwareIM and replace it with newname (change the 2 occurances in this file)

Now I have upgraded to 5.8, the C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\newname\config folder no longer exists?

Is this correct and do I no longer need to take this step when changing the default folder name?

Thanks
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Newfoldername would be reset to AwareIM in the event of an update so you have to rename the webapps\awareim folder again.
Gabbitas

Post by Gabbitas »

Hi Klosson,

I think you misunderstood my question. I know I have to rename the aware folder to newnwme, I've done this many times after upgrading.

What I meant was that one of the steps I have always performed was to change entries in the aware_ext.js file that's located in newname/config folder, except now I have installed 5.8 the config folder no longer exists?

I notice that changing entries in aware_ext.js is not part of your steps above so I guess it isn't required. Also even without performing this step the rename of the the folder seems to be successful for me and all is working as it should.

Thanks
tpis001

Re: V5.8 Change URL other than /AwareIM/

Post by tpis001 »

Hi... Just wanted to say a big thanks for this post...

I've just followed these instructions and they've been a big help.

Martyn
AwareIM V7.1. (productions) V8 Development, MS SQL Server 2014,
mdz

V6 No data after Change URL other than /AwareIM/

Post by mdz »

Using this steps on V6 there is no data showing up after login to the app.
any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
customaware

Post by customaware »

mdz,

Please check every single step again.

I use those precise steps all the time and it defiantly works.

Alternatively, we offer an automated service for a modest fee (200 USD) to provide you with an executable tailored to
reconfigure your system after every update. Future changes are 20 USD each based on your documentation.

Please PM me if you are interested.
Cheers,
Mark
swiftinitpvtltd

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

worked for me! thanks. but it has 2 small issues-

There are 2 issues I am seeing after making URL changes. The visual persective does not show preview in design tool and when I login to URL now it does not show test option in UI. The application is working fine with my new swiftapps/ instead of AwareIM/
Attachments
crm1.png
crm1.png (70.99 KiB) Viewed 24225 times
crm.png
crm.png (208.3 KiB) Viewed 24225 times
Last edited by swiftinitpvtltd on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.