Custom theme, customization?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
hpl123

Custom theme, customization?

Post by hpl123 »

Hi support,
Yesterday i played around with installing a custom theme and it was real easy to do the initial work (following AIM user guide) with "installing" the theme (themes.probs path to css file, images folder setup etc.) but the theme was not displayed fully as it should.

There might have been settings i haven´t set e.g filepaths to different additional resources etc and i will continue to play with this. I was just wondering, if this is "normal" i.e. normal that there are additional customization required when installing a theme to Aware IM?
Thanks
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
hpl123

Re: Custom theme, customization?

Post by hpl123 »

hpl123 wrote:additional customization required
With this i mean configuration of various things i.e. filepaths, css files, custom icons, possible small changes in colors etc. etc.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

If you just install a theme file it should be really easy and it should work straight away provided there are no problems with the theme. If you want to replace the Aware IM specific theme file and/or provide a theme-specific Javascript file, then it is slightly more difficult.
Aware IM Support Team
hpl123

Apollo + Bootstrap

Post by hpl123 »

Ok thanks. I tried installing 2 themes, Apollo and Bootstrap (both recommended in tips & tricks post) and they installed fine but then there were small things that didn´t match fully e.g. query filter icons, side panels icons/text etc.
I leaved it at that and will continue playing with this in the future.