Whishlist: Search in locale

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
weblike

Post by weblike »

Hello,

We have developed a few apps for our customers and when comes the time to translate them, we use Google Docs and import/export feature. But Google's grammar is very poor in some places....and the journey begins to find in locale the bad grammar...
Of course we can export/import those files, but if we make changes to the app frequently this is not very smooth.

It would be nice if a search field would be added in the Locale Translation Window...It will be very helpful.
Anyone agree with us?

Thank you
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Can you explaing in more detail how you use Google translator to translate your apps?

Cheers Rod
weblike

Post by weblike »

Hello Rod,

We do like this:
Exporting the translation from AW.
The file exported I import it in my Google Drive account (if you have a gmail account, you have Googgle Drive too).
Open the file from Google Drive and in "TOOLS" menu you have the option "Translate Document".....choose the language and that's it.
But as I said the grammar is not always ok and have to correct manually, that's why a "search" feature in AW->locale would be very helpful....

Hope this helps..
Thank you
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Thank you but could you explain in more detail as I don't see how you get just the @ (translation) part of the file to be translated. For me it translates the whole file so even the text string is translated.

The lcl file appears to me to be in the format

_# string # @ # Configuration

where @ is to be replaced by the translation of the string.

You need the string to NOT be translated and the @ to be replaced with the translation?

Cheers Rod
weblike

Post by weblike »

Hello Rod,

Excuse me, I forgot a step... A little modification has to be made in EXCEL.

Separate the system part from the part which has to be translated....and only import that part in Google Drive....

After u are done.....concatenate again system part with translated part and copy all the results in a .txt file....After that change the extension in lcl.
Import in AW...and done...

Hope this helps...
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Thank you, all good now.

Cheers Rod