Small MESSAGE Notification Suggestion that would help users.

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ab042

Small MESSAGE Notification Suggestion that would help users.

Post by ab042 »

It is my feeling that System status messages shoud not be in the MAIN FRAME where users data appears. And since you have the conformation pop-up reminder, if the data wasn't saved. I believe a Change Accepted and the like is a nice things to have but should not appear in the middle of the page.

Would it be possible for you to MOVE the Red "ERROR Box" and the Blue "Information box" for changes accepted and the like to the status area or better yet down to the FOOTER LINE.

I wouldn't care if it over-wrote the STATUS BOX or overwrote the FOOTER LINE with anything necessary and then change back on the next screen update.

But having these messages in the current location moves the active page down 4 or 5 lines and forces information off the screen and requires the user to scroll when they normally wouldn't have to.

It would be nice to keep these system messages off the MAIN PAGE so the developer has control of MAIN FRAME. Just a suggestion but one I would love to see. Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Your suggestion certainly makes sense. The only problem is that both footer and status areas are optional and configurators can turn them off. This may be OK for status messages, but not for errors! Besides, in the world of web applications this is a common practice to put the error messages in the main area.

We do agree, though, that it forces the scroll of the data area and we'll be thinking about a better solution. If you have any other ideas (apart from status area and footer), they are very welcome.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Would it be possible to add this to the configurator, so the user can set it?

Or if its faster coding, just make the choice based on what is or isn't off.

For example: In our case, the footer would be best and if we have it turned off then use the status area and if both of them are off use the main frame.

Thanks again
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Thanks for your suggestions. We will add them to our TODO list.
Aware IM Support Team