Updated Version in Run Time Installation

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Updated Version in Run Time Installation

Post by denisv »

Am I correct in saying that if I make changes to a Business Space that has been distributed as RunTime Version to a client, then all I need to do is use the Standard Menu Option in the Run Time Application 'Upload Version' and use the bsv exported file ?

If no fields have been changed or removed and only fields added, then there should be no affect on the data.

If this is correct do the users need to log out for this process.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, this is correct. The users do need to logout.

Another option is to put the BSV file into the AUTO_DEPLOYMENT directory on the server (provided that you have access to the server). In this case the server needs to be re-started.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Is it also true that if fields are changed, added or deleted on our development system and then deployed to the customer of which we have no access to their data.

That AwareIM will update the application as well as make any necessary changes to the DataBase in order to allow for the new fields, changed fields or the removal of fields without effecting any customer data? Other then of course deleting data for a field we deleted. But any other fields and data will be uneffected by the update?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

When applying a new configuration Aware IM will update database tables for added, changed and deleted attributes. Data for unchanged attributes will be preserved.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

F A N T A S T I C ! ! ! ! Anyone tell you guys your great. What more could a developer ask.

Standby, we'll think of something :P