BAS_UserDefinedChoices

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
john

BAS_UserDefinedChoices

Post by john »

Hi

I have recently started to use Aware IM in a hosting environment. Since I made this change I have ran into a problem. Basically to try to cut a long story short, when I create a new business object and try to enter a new instance of the object I get an extra option in the drop down list:

"BAS_UserDefinedChoices"

A business object that I never created. The real problem is however that when I actually try to select the correct business object (to create new instance), the form doesn't appear?

I am pretty much right at the start of the design I hope to achieve, although I did get a lot further than this when I had all the software running on my PC (during testing) so I am sure there is something I have done wrong, I just dont know what?

I hope this makes sense?

Can anybody help?

Regards
John
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

BAS_UserDefinedChoices is a predefined system object used internally by Aware IM. It is really a small bug - Aware IM should not display it in the list of objects. However, Create Object action should probably be used by system administrators only - for end users you are better off configuring a menu item that would create a specific object and not let them select from a list of objects. Anyway we will fix this bug.

Regarding the form not being displayed. Do you see a blank screen instead? If so, could you export you configuration as a BSV file and e-mail it to [email protected] along with the desccription of what object you are trying to create.

Thanks
Aware IM Support Team
john

Post by john »

Hi

Thanks for the speedy reply. There is definitely something I have done wrong with regards to the installation of the configuration tool on my PC. I have just created a new Business Space (while sat in front of the server) and created a new object and the problem never occurred.

I then returned to my PC, tried to add an attribute to the business object I had just created and it happened again. I don’t get a completely blank screen, just the portion where the form is supposed to be present (and the extra option appears as described before).

Basically to try to get it working for now, starting with the new Working Space (containing only "Regular User" and "System Settings"). I have just tried to add a very simple Business Object called "Agency" with plain text attributes such as name and post code, so nothing unusual there.

Going back to the installation of the configuration tool on my PC, I am looking at the files contained in the BIN directory and there are many references to "LOCALHOST" I assume some of these need to be changed? As it works perfectly when I am sat in front of the server I imagine the problem lies here somewhere?

I hope this helps and please accept my apologies as I do have a tendency to ramble...!

I will try to get hold of the configuraion file also.

Best Regards
John
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

John,

by the sound of it it looks like an Aware IM problem specific to your configuration. I don't think it has anything to do with "localhost" or your server. So please e-mail us your BSV file and tell us the form of what object cannot be created. Also, if you go to the AwareIM/Tomcat/logs directory you will find a few Tomcat logs there. Please send us the latest log.

Thanks
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

By the way, are you using version 1.5 or 2.0?

Is it possible that you are using different versions on your server and PC?
Aware IM Support Team
john

Post by john »

Hi

Now that you mention it I have just looked and discovered that I am running version 1.5 Professional on the server but the configuration tool is version 2.

I never noticed any other versions of the cofiguration tool available for download, are they around somewhere?

Also I will get these logs to you very shortly

John
john

Post by john »

The files you requested should now be on there way to [email protected].

John
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I suspect that the fact you have different versions of the server and the Configuration Tool is the cause of all these problems (certainly it explains the behaviour of BAS_UserDefinedChoices, which we initially thought was a bug).

In essence you are creating a configuration for 2.0 and trying to run it on 1.5. This is likely to cause problems.

Configuration Tool is part of Aware IM, so you shouldn't have different versions. Please install version 2.0 on your server and try again. We will also check your configuration later, but I am 90% sure that the mix up with versions is the problem.
Aware IM Support Team