Design assistance for SUMMARY TAB

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ab042

Design assistance for SUMMARY TAB

Post by ab042 »

I'm trying to design a form section to show as a tab on my Client BO. I already have a link between Client and the TrxLog BO.

I have a tab to show "OPEN ITEMS" items. And another to show "HISTORY" that list each trx item detail line for the past 180 days.

Now I'm trying to create a TAB called "Sales Summary". What I would like this to do is: Search for ALL transacctions in the LAST 6 months and summarize them by month and display the totals for each month. Total Sales, Total Payments, Total Adjustment, Total Commissions.

So this "Sales Summary" tab would ONLY have 6 lines with the totals for each one of the six months.

Any suggestions or samples. Thanks in advance.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

You have two options. One is to add an object MonthSummary with attributes MonthStartDate, TotalSales, TotalPayments, TotalAdjustment, TotalCommissions and rules to calculate the totals for the given month. Also add a scheduled process that will run, say, on the first day of each month to create MonthSummary instances for each client for the previous month. Then you can display the instances on the object form, in query results, etc.

The other option is to use object presentations instead of object forms. Object presentations allow displaying results of aggregate calculations, nested groupings, etc.
Aware IM Support Team