New User questions

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
maatsala

New User questions

Post by maatsala »

Unfortunately I lost my broadband access and attempted twice to download, via dial-up, your evaluation copy. The process was projected to take shortly over 5 hours and both times failed at 4 hrs 15 min. Is it possible to obtain a Eval CD?

Is MS ME supported?

Does Aware IM support the inclusion of photos/images and multi-line memo sections in the DB?

When importing data from Excel, can the columns in Excel be linked to specific columns in Aware or is it a flat transfer?

I have been impressed with the forum support that I reviewed and am looking forward to working with your product.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

> Is it possible to obtain a Eval CD?
We do not send evaluation CDs. Would it be possible for you to find a fast connection, download the evaluation version and copy it on a flash drive? The evaluation version for Windows is about 55 MB. You can also try downloading the User Guide, which is about 2.5 MB, where you may find answers to some questions you may have.

> Is MS ME supported?
No. Aware IM needs Windows 2000 or XP.

> Does Aware IM support the inclusion of photos/images and multi-line memo sections in the DB?
Yes.

> When importing data from Excel, can the columns in Excel be linked to specific columns in Aware or is it a flat transfer?
Data can be imported into Aware IM using comma-separated-value (CSV) files. The very first record in a CSV file should have column names that match Aware IM object attribute names.
Aware IM Support Team
maatsala

Importing from Excel into Aware

Post by maatsala »

Thank you for the repaid response!

I had similar thoughts regarding the downloading until the broadband access is back.

Clarification question on the CSV file.

As fields are created in the Aware DB, can they be linked to fields in the Excel file such that when the import process occurs, the fields will directly import correctly from Excel into Aware? Example: If I had a Customer Name, Address, and Telephone Number and then a few fields over County and Region, will I be able to directly identify and link similar fields created in Aware so the information transfers into the same named Aware field?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Yes. All you need to do is make sure that for each column the first row in the Excel file has the names of attributes you defined in Aware IM, for example: Customer.Name, Customer.Address, Customer.TelephoneNumber, etc. Then you can save the Excel file in CSV format and import it into Aware IM for object Customer. That's it.
Aware IM Support Team