Development Question

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ab042

Development Question

Post by ab042 »

If we are hosting multiable Business Spaces on ONE server and the different Business Spaces are being developed by multiable people and/or different people.

One admin user of a Business Space should not see or have access to the others Business Space in the Configuration Tool.

Maybe I've missed something in the setup. I've looked but I can't find the answer anywhere and I've tryed changing the ADMIN password for one of the business spaces and when I login to that space via the configuration tool. I see all and have access to all the Business Spaces on the server.

This isn't good, if your trying to protect apps?

On another questions. What if we design an app and purchase run-time licenses to sell it to customer and the customer decide against our license agreement with them to purchase AwareIM developer. Can they access the code we created? On the Flip side of that. If we have more than ONE developer working for us, how to we allow he to work only on our apps on our server?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

> One admin user of a Business Space should not see or have access to the others Business Space in the Configuration Tool.
When you install Aware IM it creates a default business space. You need to login to the default business space to create other business spaces. When you create a new business space there is "Visible to all" option. If it is ticked, the business space will be accessible to people who login to any other business spaces. If it is not ticked, the business space will be accessible only to those who login to the business space itself, or to the default business space.

One way to manage business spaces is to not give access to the default business space to developers. Create a new business space from the default business space with "Visible to all" un-ticked and give the name/password for the business space to a developer. When you login to the default business space you will see business spaces of all developers. When developers login into their particular business space, they will not see business spaces of other developers, nor the default business space.

> What if we design an app and purchase run-time licenses to sell it to customer and the customer decide against our license agreement with them to purchase AwareIM developer. Can they access the code we created?
This is entirely up to you. If they upgrade to full version of Aware IM they will get the Configuration Tool and will be able to see the application configuration. If you want to prevent that, you can protect your configuration by a password when distributing it to your customers.
Aware IM Support Team