Importing Data from another system

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Importing Data from another system

Post by denisv »

I am trying to import data form another system and while I have reviewed the documentation I am still having problems:

3 BO's: Call Record, Caller and Call Type

The Call Record has reference attributes to Caller and Call type.

a) I have already imported Caller data fin,
b) When I import Call Record data and reference the CallRecord.Caller.ClientID (assigned by me) in this import, the relationship is resolved and I now have a Call Record with the Caller correct.
c) When I try to import the call type I have difficultes.

The Call Type is a Business Object Group, however I am only importing the data proper to one of the Business Onjects at a time. For example, importing to the Business Object 'NameChange'. Where this BO refeences the Call Record I have tgried to use 'NameChange.CallRecord.CallID' as the 'link'.

I'm not sure whether there is an issue with the order of the import, I have done the Call type NameChange followed by the Call Record. It does throw out the 'Relationship File' but I am unable to open or read this, how can this be used ?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

> ... I have done the Call type NameChange followed by the Call Record.
This does seem to be an issue with the order of the import. If you use 'NameChange.CallRecord.CallID' when importing NameChange instances but CallRecord instances have not been yet imported then the system would be unable to resolve the relationship.

One option is to import CallRecord before NameChange. The other is to import the relationship file the system has created for unresolved relationships of NameChange after CallRecord instances have been imported. Do not forget to tick the "Relationships file" box on the Import Data form when importing a relationship file.
Aware IM Support Team