Business Days

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
PEFS

Business Days

Post by PEFS »

I am trying to figure out how to add business days to an existing date attribute. I have a contact date attribute that is entered by the user, I then want another date to populate for a follow-up attribute date to be 3 business days from the contact date.

I couldn't figure out how to make it work with the Business_Day_Forward function as it only adds one business day.

Thanks for your help
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Yes, you are right, function BUSINESS_DAY_FORWARD should allow specifying the number of days to add. This is an oversight on our part and we will fix it shortly. It the meantime you can use the following workaround to add 3 business days:

MyObject.FollowUpDate = BUSINESS_DAY_FORWARD(BUSINESS_DAY_FORWARD(BUSINESS_DAY_FORWARD(MyObject.ContactDate)))
Aware IM Support Team
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

I used the format that you included and it returns a date but it is the same date as the Contact Date.

I included the Business Rule in the Business Object and pasted into the "Then" section.

Am I doing this wrong?

Thanks
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

This is a bug that has now been fixed starting from build 838. This build also allows a parameter for function BUSINESS_DAY_FORWARD so you can now re-write the rule like this:

MyObject.FollowUpDate = BUSINESS_DAY_FORWARD(MyObject.ContactDate, 3)
Aware IM Support Team