Pre-Sales Questions

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ab042

Pre-Sales Questions

Post by ab042 »

#1) Can you give us a small list of REAL WORLD sites using your product.

#2) Do you have any published stat's # of users, size of rules etc etc. For example: If we built an app that has 250 logged in users and 3 gig of data, would you program handle it?

#3) What about the size of the app. Is there a limit and is the rules in one form, effect the performance of another?

Thanks
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

1) Most of our customers use Aware IM to manage their internal business information. Some use it on company intranet, others use it over the Internet with password-protected user access for security reasons.

2) Aware IM does not impose any limits on the number of users nor on the database size which depends entirely on the capabilities of the selected database system (MySQL, MS SQL Server or Derby).

3) There is no limit on the number of rules in an Aware IM application. Aware IM does not execute all rules at once, but only those relevant to a particular data object.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Thank you.

Can you give me a URL to a web site that has a LARGE app and LARGE database that I can see the performance?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

I don't know of a large Aware IM - based application open to general public access on the Internet. Usually applications are intended for use by members of an organization and are password-protected.

The size of an application, i.e. the number of rules or the amount of data in the database, is not a definitive performance indicator. Aware IM executes rules only for data affected by a change. Even if the number of rules and the amount of data is large, the number of affected records and the amount of processing can be fairly small. This largely depends on the application logic, so it is also possible that a single data change causes a chain reaction of rule execution and changes to many other related records.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Does your product support DUAL development. For example, at what point can TWO people work on the same Application.

Also do you have plans to support EXISTING MySQL databases or any other ODBC databases as a native interface to the dataset?

Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Does your product support DUAL development. For example, at what point can TWO people work on the same Application.
Several people can be working on the same application using the remote Configuration Tool. Only one person can be doing changes to the application at any given time, though. The application is locked when one person is doing his changes until he updates the server with his changes and unlocks the version.

Also do you have plans to support EXISTING MySQL databases or any other ODBC databases as a native interface to the dataset?
Yes, we do. Most probably in the next release.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Great and not to set or hold you to a date.

Do you have any timeframe for the release that would support existing DataBases?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

This is currently planned for early next year.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I was doing some testing on dual development. I don't see anywhere the business space or the objects get locked and keeps someone else from changing them in the middle of my change?

I have the same ver of the Buisness Space open on two different machines and can edit anything in each and it doesn't give any warnings or show its locked to another user in any way that I can see.

Could I be doing something wrong?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Did you login to the Configuration Tool as the same user on both machines? If you did then the version will be available for you on both machines, since you represent the same user.
Aware IM Support Team