Attribute Presentation

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Attribute Presentation

Post by denisv »

I have a referenced attribute on a form using Display As Table of Items.

While I can turn off the column labels within this I still have the 'header' (blue area where label would have been) for the column. Is there a way that this too can be removed.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Here is what you can do. In the Configuration Tool add a new form to the object referenced by the attribute. The form should have one row. You can adjust labels and displayed length for attributes for this particular form.

In the presentation dialog for the reference attribute on the other object, tick the "Allow Inline Editing", click "Use form for each row" for "Display Method" on the right, click "Details" button next to it and select the newly created form on the related object.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

Before I do this, the attribute reference is based on a business object group containing about 20 business objects.

Will I need to do this for each of the individual business objects or can this even be done as when I select form to use for inline editing it is asking for a form owner.

The only attribute that needs to be displayed is common to all members of the group.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

You only need to add a form to one member-object of the group and then select the object as the form owner.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

Although there is only one attribute on the form and it is common to all objects in the group it is failing. Is this becase there is a default value for the attribute which is different per object ?

It states that the selected form section uses attributes that are not present in all members of the CallTypes Group.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

A different default value of a common attribute should not be a problem. Are you able to select the common attribute to display when you use the "Table of Items" presentation option for the reference attribute? If you are not, it means the attribute is not really a common attribute among the objects in the group. If you are, I need to see the configuration to determine why this occurs.
Aware IM Support Team