AwareIM Server won't launch - License expired or invalid

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
kklosson

AwareIM Server won't launch - License expired or invalid

Post by kklosson »

I'm going through this for a second time now. Suddenly, my production AwareIM server has shutdown for no reason. There was no one on the system at the time. When I try to restart AwareIM, the AwareIM server fails to start with the message "License expired or invalid for product id [id number]. I have two server licenses and both are up to date.

Interestingly, when I select the About button on the Control Panel, there is no product ID shown in the box. If I insert my valid Product Key, it's accepted.

I'm running 4.95 Build 1388.

There's a lot in the AwareIM server log but I can't tell how much is relevant. Will post if that will help.

I tried reinstalling AwareIM and of course, rebooting the server. This time I seem to be in a hole I cannot get out of.

This is my production server and help is needed asap. Please advise if this needs a support ticket to get going.
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

And I've just updated both AwareIM instances to Version 5 but this has not resolved anything.
tonyjamero

Post by tonyjamero »

Oh boy, I registered my newly installed build using th new product key sent to me by AwareIm support and now I am getting this error message also that the product key is expired. Not good for me, I hope support responds right away.
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

I'm told that if the underlying MAC address of your computer has changed, it can have this impact. If you just got new registration keys from support, then they should be okay. You will likely need support to help you with this.
tonyjamero

Post by tonyjamero »

Yes, I got the new product key support yesterday. I emailed them the demo product key of the newly installed AwareIM on my new server last Friday. They emailed me back yesterday with the new product key that I then registered this morning.

I did email support back and I am just waiting for their reply.
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

HI!
Have the same problem. Can it be fixed by myself without awareim support?
AwareIM 5.1a build 1454, Debian 64bit , MySQL
tford

Post by tford »

Have the same problem. Can it be fixed by myself without awareim support?
Support has consistently said on the forums that all license key issues are to be sent to [email protected] and not discussed on the forums.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
ab042

Post by ab042 »

SUPPORT: Another simple solution to allow valid customers that have purchased the product to sleep at night and not have to worry about a hardware crash on a holiday or something and having their production program down while waiting on a re-key would be to create an extension license program.

Make something like the ProductKey utility that would allow a user to input their valid license # and have this module create a key that will allow AwareIM to run for 5 to 7 days and then expire.

This would allow everyone to sleep better because none of us know when we are going to have a hardware crash and worry about having our production application out of business for any amount of time. It would also allow support a few days to deal with any license problem.

I wouldn't even mind if you charge $100.00 or something for the emergency extension key as long as it was immediately issued on the website after purchase.

Just my 2 cents for what its worth.....
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

Yes it will really minify the risks.

I just copied and owerwrited content of old folder where product id was different and license was expired to another folder where awareim had license because there were a lot of settings in old one.

After that when I run startAwareIM.sh it says License expired or invalid for product id xxxx
So I run productKey.sh and enter my license and it says product key has been successfully installed
So I run startAwareIM.sh again and again it says License expired or invalid for product id xxxxx
in about button product id is blanc.
AwareIM 5.1a build 1454, Debian 64bit , MySQL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We DO have a solution for trusted customers that will allow them to sleep at night - they just need to communicate with us via e-mail.
Aware IM Support Team