Process Question

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Process Question

Post by denisv »

I have the following sample requirement:

2 Business Objects:

a) Jobs
b) Workcards
c) Workcards for Jobs

The 1st object for example would have a Job Number and a reference attribute to WorkCards for Jobs.

The Workcards Business Object would have the following attributes; WorkCard No., Step No., Description

The Workcards fo Jobs would have the same as the Workcard Business Object but also; Sign Off Date, Signed off by, Job no.

The ideas is that if you create a Job No, you can run a process which creates a replica entry in Workcards for Jobs as in Workcards. Thereby allowing you to enter additional detail in the Workcards for Jobs without affecting the original entry in Workcards.

I have managed to create two objects Test1 and Test2 and run a process from Test1 which creates a new entry in Test2 as I need. The problem is to do this from the third object Jobs.

Can you advise. If this can be done, there are other processes that would also run from the Jobs business object.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Your process (called, say, CreateWorkcardsForJob) should be defined to have object Job as its input and contain the following two rules:

FIND ALL Workcard
CREATE JobWorkcard FOR EACH Workcard WITH JobWorkcard.Job = Job, JobWorkcard.Number = Workcard.Number, JobWorkcard.StepNumber = Workcard.StepNumber, JobWorkcard.Description = Workcard.Description

The process needs a Job available in the context. You can run this process manually as an operation on Job form. Alternatively, you can add a rule to object Job to initialise the list of job workcards automatically, for example:

If Job.Workcards IS UNDEFINED Then CreateWorkcardsForJob

This design relies on attribute Job.Workcards being a matching attribute to JobWorkcard.Job.

You would need to create a few instances of object Workcard in the operation mode to act as a master list for JobWorkcard instances created for each Job.
Aware IM Support Team