How do you drop down to write code in aware im

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

How do you drop down to write code in aware im

Post by BenHayat »

As a developer, I'm looking at this product at a very early stage. and I like to ask the developers how and if the following is performed.

Aware IM seems to be a powerful Application generator, but no tools can do everything out of the box that you need. There are times when you need to drop to code level and write the code (in this case in Java). I also saw a notion that developers can develop plugin using the API, but plugins, aren't used when you need something small that is for one case only.
For example, I get an image from user and I need to check the width height and if it's over a limit, "Re-size" the image (not re-scale) and store it. In .Net you can basically create an image object and call a resize method with width & height, and you get new image and you store it.

My question is, how do you developers get to write your java code when you need for certain events or things that the program doesn't have and not going through writing plugin.

Thank you in advance!
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You do need to write plug-ins (in Java and/or Javascript) - this is easy and the plug-ins become available in your rules.
Aware IM Support Team