Test vs Operational Form

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
vinsnash

Test vs Operational Form

Post by vinsnash »

I have a main form of an object that is busy but works nicely in the test mode while using the configuration tool. When I execute a published version the form is very different in size and it also has unneeded horizontal scroll bars on a number of text entry fields. The fields are larger then needed even when specifying the maximum characters. One specified as 4 characters ends up with a field that looks big enough for 8 and a horizontal scroll bar has been added. This is very disconcerting to end users. I'm using the same browser in test as published and the same terminal.

How to get rid of those scroll bars and have the from look like it does when configured?
technopak

Post by technopak »

Hi Vins,

I don't know the technical reason for the difference, but from experience the testing form dimensions appear quite different from the published version.

I find that the only way is to increase the form size to a large size, and then progressively decrease the size by trial and error until your published form looks right.

Usually the increased form size does away with the awful scroll bars too.

Peter
vinsnash

Post by vinsnash »

Thanks. I seem to remember seeing this before but couldn't get it up in a search. I'll try it.

Vins