Search options

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tak

Search options

Post by tak »

My DataBase use mostly Identitynumbers, in South Africa everything is working on "ID" numbers. How can I search for an ID number on only the first 9 digits? Because people give fals ID numbers by changing the last 3 digits and then the program eccept the number because it is not the same number. But actualy it is the same person and then I have dublicates in my database, witch is not allowed. I tried in my query to put just 6 digits in and then I get no replies because there is no such ID number.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

If you are using Derby database (the default database installed with Aware IM), then you can use function CHARS_FROM_LEFT in queries to limit a search to the first 9 characters of existing attribute values, for example:

FIND Person WHERE CHARS_FROM_LEFT(Person.IdentityNumber, 9) = ?'Identity number'

To check that a specified text is found anywhere within an existing attribute value you can use condition CONTAINS instead of "=", for example:

FIND Person WHERE Person.IdentityNumber CONTAINS ?'Identity number'

Queries that use CONTAINS will work with any database supported by Aware IM.
Aware IM Support Team