New internal error message

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

New internal error message

Post by rocketman »

Hi guys, anybod any idea how to overcome this error message without stopping the AwareIM app. Perhaps more importantly - how can it happen

ErrorInternal error. Unable to generate id for the new object due to the following exception Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

I've quit the app, logged in again - no joy
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
ab042

Post by ab042 »

SUPPORT, do we have an answer on this.

Same error is happening on our system as well. Does anyone have any clue as to WHY or how to fix it?

If it is an internal error Generating an ID for a record create, I'm concerned records are not being created.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

What database are you using?
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This will hopefully be fixed in the new minor release that is coming out soon.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

THANK YOU... We are using MySQL 5.1.44

Any idea of a possible release date for the fix?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Hopefully within a couple of weeks...
Aware IM Support Team
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

A Workaround fix is to stop and restart the MySQL server
Rocketman

RentProperty

Re: New internal error message

Post by RentProperty »

We are also getting this from about 2 days ago now and then the entire system comes to a grinding halt:

2015-02-20 12:52:01,787 ERROR RPMSONLINE#JPGAmanda -Execution Exception after starting system process message Internal error. Error persisting business object TPTicket Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

2015-02-20 12:45:30,380 ERROR RPMSONLINE#HarrietAdmin -Execution Exception after starting system process message Internal error. Error adding references to Mandate Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

Please advise if this was ever sorted and if anyone has any IDEA what could possibly be causing this.

Thnx
Hein Hanekom & Werner Hanekom
Sinov8.net
AwareIM Version 5.9 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 7.1 (Windows EC2 R2012 & MySQL)
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

I am getting this now as well, anyone know why this occurs and what I can do about it?
https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... 718#p59718
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Hi Henrik,

Not had it for a while but I think what I did to overcome this without having to restart the server is (I am using MySQL)

Either using a command line prompt or MySQL workbench issue a "show Processlist" command. When the list comes up - look for one in the BSV which is stuck, then issue a KILL [process] command.

Good luck

Ps - some useful stuff on the web. This one is ok but it fires a lot of ads at you. view at your own risk. https://www.baeldung.com/mysql-lock-wait-timeout-error
Rocketman

hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Thanks Rocketman and that article had a lot of meat so will be useful if I need to troubleshoot this more. I changed the innodb_lock_wait_timeout to 120 (default is 50) as per this post: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/600 ... d-on-mysql and will see if that helps the immediate issues (2 days without crash now so maybe).

The thing I am trying to understand is, what exactly causes this? Is this when a Aware process does whatever and it tries to access a particular BO (DB table) and it access it and locks it because it wants to change something in it but then what? First of all, which process "started" the chain leading to the error and then related, what change is Aware trying to do that time out and ultimately why does it time out?
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

As I said it was a while ago, but if memory serves, it was something to do with my server running out of memory. The whole system was on a go slow, to the point where it took me about 3 minutes to log in via RDP. I ran task manager and found memory usage was at around 95%.

I have no idea what caused this (I know AIM had a memory leak issue years ago some time in the V7 era) but at the time I had over 300 processes showing in Execution context - which I manually cleared down. Then A hardware restart cured the problem.
Rocketman

customaware

Post by customaware »

Not sure if this will help but I had some similar issues recently.....and when you are running out of ideas....you never know what might work...

For me, I was pulling my hair out but this fixed the issue....

Add the following to the end of your BASServer.props file

JMS_BROKER_MEMORY=1000000000
JMS_BROKER_STORAGE=200000000
JMS_BROKER_TEMP_USAGE=200000000
Cheers,
Mark
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

The fix I wrote about above may have fixed this as I haven´t experienced this issue for 4 days now. It could maybe be the case though that the process causing this problem hasn´t been executed for 4 days, only time will tell and I still struggle to understand what exactly causes this.

Thanks Mark, I will add these just for good measure :).
customaware wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:22 pm Not sure if this will help but I had some similar issues recently.....and when you are running out of ideas....you never know what might work...

rocketman

Post by rocketman »

hpl123 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:31 pm The fix I wrote about above may have fixed this as I haven´t experienced this issue for 4 days now. It could maybe be the case though that the process causing this problem hasn´t been executed for 4 days, only time will tell and I still struggle to understand what exactly causes this.

Thanks Mark, I will add these just for good measure :).
customaware wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:22 pm Not sure if this will help but I had some similar issues recently.....and when you are running out of ideas....you never know what might work...

Also added to my installation - many thanks
Rocketman