Login Names and Passwords

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tak

Login Names and Passwords

Post by tak »

I need to setup a few users. Greate their Login names and passwords. Where and when do I have to this? Depending on their usernames they must only edit sertain data? Do I use a query or a proccess for that?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

First of all you need to define access levels using the Configuration Tool. The access level will define the restrictions on data editing of users belonging to this access - for example, you can define that users of a certain access level will not be able to edit a particular attribute of a particular object. See Aware IM User Guide for more information about access levels.

Then you need to create your users and for assign an access level to the user based on his user name. Users can be created in the browser after you publish your business space version. When creating a user you will fill out the form where you will specify his access level. Alternatively, you can set up rules that will automatically assign access levels based on user names. You do not need queries or processes for that.

This is all explained in great detail in the "Users and Login" section of the "How To" document. You can find this document along with the rest of the documentation in the DOCS directory of your Aware IM installation or on our web site.
Aware IM Support Team