Scanning Integration

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Scanning Integration

Post by denisv »

Do you know of any scanning solution that has been used in conjunction with AWARE IM ?

I have a requirement where documents can be scanned against the contact record held in AwareIM

Denis
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Denis,

Any scanning software can be used with Aware IM. The user can simply scan a document into a file and then assign the file to a Document-type attribute of Contact object.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

I understand this. My question was probably realted more to users in the sense hand anyone used / developed a method whereby the scanning process would prompt the ability to create the necessary record in Aware againts the relevant contact.

I can work with the standard method.

Denis
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Denis,

An alternative approach could be to get the scanning software to send a scanned document into Aware IM, for example as an email. Such email would need to identify the type of the message (i.e. scanned document), the name of the contact and have the scanned document as an attachment. You could then add a rule to the Incoming Email notification in Aware IM that would check the message type, find the Contact object by name, create a related object with the scanned document as its attribute and attach it to the Contact object.
Aware IM Support Team