Session time out

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Rebecca

Session time out

Post by Rebecca »

When I have not used my business space for a while, I get an error message on my browser saying 'Session may have timed out. Please logon again.' Underneath this is a Logon button. When I click on Logon, I get a request to enter my username and password (no Business Space). Despite entering the correct username and password, I cannot log back on. I get an error message saying 'Invalid credentials or access denied. Please try again'. In order to start using the business space again, I have to type in the URL (or use a bookmark) again. Is there a problem with the time out logon?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Rebecca,

The Logon button shown on session time-out is designed to work with main (i.e. published) operation mode of the default business space. If the business space you work with is not the default one, or if you work in the test operation mode, you need to use the URL you normally use to login to the system.
Aware IM Support Team
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca »

Thanks for that. I am using a published version, but it is not the default. Is it possible to delete the default version, or change the version I use into the default version?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Rebecca,

You cannot delete the default business space, but you can import the configuration of your current business space into the default business space. If you have existing operational data in the current business space, you would also have to move the data by exporting it from the current business space and importing it into the default business space. Functionality to move operational data together with the configuration of a business space is planned to be added to Aware IM in the future.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I also just noticed this. This is a MAJOR issue if your running multiable Business Spaces for different users. Which I would assume a large number of your users is doing.

How can we force the TIMEOUT to stay on the business space it was logged into. Or maybe redirect to our own URL on a timeout for each business space.

If we have a redirect ability on a timeout for each business space then we could display a page explaining what happened and give them the ability to click and get logged back into the same space.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Starting from build 841 login after timeout returns to the original login screen preserving the business space.
Aware IM Support Team