HTML Documents

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jolee

HTML Documents

Post by Jolee »

Hi there,

I don't seem to have the sample documents and I was wondering how to create an html document instead of a report.

Currently I have a report with multiple embedded reports that creates a PDF. But we wish to create either an html doc or xls doc.

Can you please send me a doc as an example?
Which has embedded references in it?

cheers
Jolee
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Jolee,

If you want to generate HTML reports to be shown in the browser to the user who generates the reports, the easiest option is to use object presentations. They are very similar to reports. In fact, their design is compatible, so you can simply export design of an existing report and import it into an object presentation. Please refer to the Aware IM User Guide for details on object presentations.

You can also generate certain reports with Word templates by using functions SUB_DOCUMENT, LIST and LIST_TABLE inside template tags, which work similarly to sub-reports. Please refer to Aware IM User guide for details on these functions. You can try using function LIST with an Excel template and see if it produces a satisfactory result. It may or may not, depending on your formatting requirements. You cannot generate reports with multiple items using an HTML template because the LIST function will not work with it properly.
Aware IM Support Team
Jolee

Post by Jolee »

Okay so I used a presentation but I do not get html that I can save. I get the results appearing in my screen which it then wants to save as an image.

Can I get around this?
I really need a word doc that is editable in the end result.

cheers
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Jolee,

> I really need a word doc that is editable in the end result.
Then you should use document template of type Word rather than a report. Basically this is a Word document with tags that can include object attributes and expressions. Please see the Library sample applications for an example of document template of type Word.

In addition, the tags can include functions SUB_DOCUMENT, LIST and LIST_TABLE that allow inclusion of multiple related objects. Please refer to Aware IM User guide for details on these functions.
Aware IM Support Team