(Ask at run-time) issues

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tkilshaw

(Ask at run-time) issues

Post by tkilshaw »

When the (Ask user at runtime) option is used in a query, a form cannot be specified to be used in that query. Instead Aware makes its own form.

This is the only way I can find to preset a part of the query. For example, I want salespeople to only be able to find TargetItems that are active. So the first part of the query is:

TargetItem.Active = 'Yes'

The next parts are all like:

TargetItem.Type = (Ask at run-time)

If Aware uses one of the TargetItem forms for the query, then the Type attribute will have a popup/dropdown menu with a choice list. But if Aware makes its own form for the (Ask at run-time) attributes no popup/dropdown menu with a choice list is available.

This severely limits its usefulness.

There are two possible solutions that I can think of:

1) Aware could put popup/dropdown menu with a choice list on those (Ask at run-time) attributes that would normally have them.

2) Aware could allow using a matching expression definition AND the use of a user designed form.

If the user specifys that:

TargetItem.Active = 'Yes'

Then the Active attribute's value would be preset and unalterable on the form when used in the query.

I think that both of these approaches have merit.

Are either or both on your to do list?

thanks,

Terry
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Terry,

Thanks for the suggestion. We will be reviewing this and other improvements to the user interface you have previously suggested shortly. The goal will be to implement the necessary improvements in a clean and consistent fashion.
Aware IM Support Team