TimeStamp validation

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Bryan

TimeStamp validation

Post by Bryan »

All,
I just ran into an issue with timestamp attribute validation. When setting up the timestamp attribute the format is specified as 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm' which is exactly what I want. The issue is when entering a date/time and the format is incorrect the validation message states that the field needs to be in the following format 'm/d/Y H:i'. Is there a reason that these would be different?
-Bryan
Version 8 (Build 2358)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is a small bug. It's just a message problem - the format should be interpreted correctly
Aware IM Support Team
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Support,
Thanks for the reply. I know this is just a visual item that has no reflection on the actual data. The only reason it conserns me is because of the image it puts out to our current/potential clients. If I am doing a demo of the application to them and they see something this simple they may doubt our ability. Our clients tend to be very detail oriented.

Any idea when this will be resolved?
-Bryan
Version 8 (Build 2358)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There is a workaround for you - you can define a locale and provide your own "translation" of the error message.
Aware IM Support Team