Build Executable

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Bryan

Build Executable

Post by Bryan »

Team,
I need some help with the Build Executable functionality. I have two issues so far that I have run into.

1. There is no way to specify the root level password for MySQL when building the exe. I build the exe and move it to the new machine where MySQL is installed. Upon launch Aware fails because it does not have the root password. I have found a way around this one. Prior to launching the control panel I modify the BASServer.props file and add the password. This maybe an area for a future enhancement.

2. The second issue is when I try to update any of the settings. For example If I change the port number for TomCat or the amount of memory allocated. On save I get the following error message.

"An error occured saving system settings java.io.FileNotFoundException ..\samples\startupOptions.props (The system cannot find the path specified)"

The error message make sense because when you install the exe this directory is not part of the install. I am not sure how to get around this one.
-Bryan
Version 8 (Build 2358)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Regarding the second part of your query - this is a bug. Runtime executable does not include the required file into the distribution. Please copy the file startupOptions.props from the AwareIM/samples directory of your development machine to the AwareIM/samples directory of the client's machine - this should fix the problem.
Aware IM Support Team
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Thanks that worked.

I copied the entire samples directory to the server and the rest of the process worked as expected.
-Bryan
Version 8 (Build 2358)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The problem should be fixed in build 1187
Aware IM Support Team
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Thanks, this issue is resolved in build 1187
-Bryan
Version 8 (Build 2358)