BO behaving like systemSettings

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

BO behaving like systemSettings

Post by rocketman »

One of my BO' has suddenly started behaving like SystemSettings.

Whenever I try to add a new record I get:

"Creation of a new instance of the Members business object is not allowed. Only one instance of this business object is allowed in the system."

Any idea what I might have done to screw this BO - and more importantly how to fix it?
tford

Post by tford »

That's a strange one. Have you right clicked on the BO to "find references to.." to see if anything is unexpected there?
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
tford

Post by tford »

Have you rebooted your machine?
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Just putting it back on my local machine so I can analyse the logs a bit more deeply. I find this a bit cumbersome on the VPS when Aware, jboss and Tomcat are all running as services.

will update later

Mo
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

o Joy, both the log viewer and the console log just give me the same error message as I get in the operation mode.

So I'm a bit stuck. I've tried starting with no data and creating new BO's but it just lets me put one in then kicks me out.

I'm about to start rebuilding the BO from scratch (unless support comes up with a solution quick) - so I'm a bit hacked off at the minute. It is my main Members file and a lot of work has gone into it.

Mo
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

If your object is intelligent with the intelligence type of "System" or "Device", only one instance of such object is allowed in the system.

If this is a Member object you need to change the intelligence type to "Human or Organization"
Aware IM Support Team
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Oh B*&%$£cks,

Yep that was it!! - and I've just finished rebuilding the file.

I'll remember that one for the future.

But Thanks for getting back with the answer all the same