Edit Operation not displaying

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
bartthefish

Edit Operation not displaying

Post by bartthefish »

Hi. I'm busy working on the new 4.5 version...It Rocks..

However I've noticed that on some of my forms the edit operation in the table display are not there. I've tried using custom implementation as well as the default implementations and it doesn't help, even recreated the forms and no success.

On other forms the operations are there. It is really strange.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Edit operation needs to be defined for a query that displays a table.
Aware IM Support Team
bartthefish

Post by bartthefish »

Thanks for your quick reply but maybe I should clarify more.

The thing is that the Edit and Remove from list operations are defined.
It is a multiple reference object (I've also tried using it with a Child Parent relationship and still same result)

When I click on Add New and I create the referenced object, it is inserted into the table displayed on the Parent form, however the operations are missing.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Where are these operations defined - on the attribute or on the form? It is possible that the operations are defined on the attribute but the form uses its own presentations for this attribute where these operations are missing. Presentations on the form override those on the attribute, so if this is indeed the case, you need to define the operations on the attribute inside the form.
Aware IM Support Team
bartthefish

Post by bartthefish »

The Operations are defined in the attributes as well as in the presentation on the form. I thought it maybe that the one on the form was corrupt and removed and reinserted it into the form and then checked the operations were there and they still are.

I've also removed the attribute from the BO and recreated it, checking the presentations of the operations and it still doesn't show up.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Strange. Is this a new parent object or an existing parent object or both? Is the parent object shown in a pop-up window (for example, it operates in a process context)
Aware IM Support Team
bartthefish

Post by bartthefish »

Yes the parent object is shown within a pop up window
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Currently Edit operation is not displayed inside pop-up windows.
Aware IM Support Team