Internet Explorer 8 (IE8)

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tazzmaxx

Internet Explorer 8 (IE8)

Post by tazzmaxx »

I installed IE8 this morning and immedietly tried to use Aware. Unfortunately the results weren't very good for me. All of the related objects in a tabbed form, instead of stretching all the way to the right were pulled to the left. Also the top field on every form had the top line of the entry box chopped off. An example would be on the login form the top line of the entry box for the Business Space was missing.

Are these things that can be fixed in the app or would someone have to update their entire bsv to reflect the changes in the browser?

Being so new with IE8 maybe there are settings that can be changed to fix these annoyances?

Is anyone else using IE8 and having issues with the Aware presentation?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

IE 8 has been officially released just a few days ago. Microsoft made quite a few changes to the underlying Ajax model. The good news is that it works MUCH faster than before - seems on par with Google Chrome and Safari. It is really a different Aware IM experience now.

The bad news is that Aware IM needs to be changed a little to accomodate new IE changes. We are working on this at the moment and we'll let you know when the fixes are available.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

Tazz,

In the mean time until support releases a fix, I wonder if this from the IE8 web site will help:

======================
View any site with ease
Internet Explorer 8

Now you can quickly display websites that were designed for older browsers. If you’re looking at a page and the text or images aren’t lined up right, just use the new Compatibility View button next to the Refresh button on the Address Bar.

======================
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
tazzmaxx

Post by tazzmaxx »

Hi Tom,

Good advice. I will give that a go. I guess I got nervous at first and reverted back to version 7 without finding out how deep the IE8 hole would go.

Thanks for checking into making Aware work with IE8 support. You guys are gems.

TM
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Support for Internet Explorer 8 has been added in the latest build 1184
Aware IM Support Team