My Print Letter button disappears

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

My Print Letter button disappears

Post by rocketman »

Here's a whacky one.

When I call up record for someone booking a trial flying lesson, using a standard query from a menu there is a process button at the top of the form which allows me to send a welcome letter.

But when I call up this person by clicking on a calendar entry, which is the way the office makes sure we are not overbooking trial flights, the form appears in a floating window (presumably generated by a process internally associated with the calendar function) and my "Print Letter button isn't there

Most disconcerting .... Can anyone tell me why that should be and if there's a workaraound
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

This is a limitation when the process is in a Pop Up window state.
No Other processes can be initiated or reference objects edited.

Its a damn pity, but a way around this would be to take it to ground by using a VIEW. You may have to specify the form also ie VIEW MyObject USING .....
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

somewhere in your calendar query there is an option to use your own rule rather than the default rule,

using the VIEW in your custom rule will suppress the pop up and take it to a tab, which will then let you access your process
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Thanks ACDC - I'll try that later this afternoon
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

You could also keep the same situation but add a custom button inside the form that links to the same operation. This will always show up.

Pete