LoggedInRegularUser.LoginName

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
NaWensheng

LoggedInRegularUser.LoginName

Post by NaWensheng »

I have created a visual perspective for a new access level 'newlevel' with full administrative permissions. I created a visual perspective for the access level with 3 queries in the menu. I then logged in as admin and created a 'RegularUser' with 'LoginName' 'USER01'. There is a BO with an attribute 'BO.Name' and there is test data imported with numerous instances containing 'BO.Name' = 'USER01'. My queries use the selection rule 'BO.Name' = 'LoggedInRegularUser.LoginName'.

I log on with the correct business space 'BO' and a user id of USER01 and password. The log in is successful and the correct visual perspective diplays with the queries. I get no results from the queries. I absolutely know there are instances of 'BO' with attribute 'BO.Name' that = 'USER01'. The test.log shows some entries about LoginName being undefined. But it is hard to determine if that applies to the last attempt at test.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much
tford

Post by tford »

Please go into your query & click on the Rule Form tab. Copy and paste the Rule Form here on the forum.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
bartthefish

Post by bartthefish »

As an idea you could try change your Queries Rule to say

"LoggedInSystemUser.LoginName" instead of "LoggedInRegularUser.LoginName"

I've found that using the SystemUser Group rather than the Regular User BO, works perfectly for me everytime.

There maybe something I'm missing in your case but the query should show up any holes.