Closing form

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
[email protected]

Closing form

Post by [email protected] »

Is there a way to have a form close upon saving an object? For example, I have a form that we use to create an object. Once the user is done creating the object, I would like the form to close and the user be taken back to possibly a query or just there defaul visual perspectives. Is there anyway to control the actions after the save is complete on a form?
tford

Post by tford »

You can:

1) Create a process: NewTestItem

ENTER NEW TestItem USING Main

2) Have a query that includes the operation from #1. Specify this operation as "below the list" and uncheck "applicable to multiple items".

When you click on the operation added in #2 above, user will get a modal form. When they click "Create", the modal form will disappear and the new item will be shown in the query.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
[email protected]

Question

When I do what you suggested I get a message stating "Select Input Process".
tford

Post by tford »

You must have selected a Process Input in step #1.

No Process Input is needed.
[email protected]

Cool

One last question. How do you get the query that the form was launched from to be refreshed so that the object that was added displays in the query results?
tford

Post by tford »

Are you running an old build? If you follow the steps I outlined, it will happen automatically in build 1166.
[email protected]

Yes

I am running 1123. I really didn't think I was that far behind. I will upgrade and give it a shot. Thanks for your help!
[email protected]

Incorrect

I am running version 1154. I didn't think I was that far off. The Configuration tool shows what looks like my original version of 1123. I am still going to upgrade.
tford

Post by tford »

Not sure how the Control Panel & Configuration Tool are different versions, but I would make sure that when you are all done both show the same build # in Help | About.
[email protected]

Upgraded

FYI, I upgraded and that fixed the issue with the query automatically refreshing.

As for the Configuration Tool showing the new version - it still shows the old version. I don't typically do a reinstall at the client level when I upgrade. Possibly that is the issue.

I have submitted a support issue to see how I should proceed.