READ PROTECT PROBLEM AND RULE PRIORITY AND LOG

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
vinsnash

READ PROTECT PROBLEM AND RULE PRIORITY AND LOG

Post by vinsnash »

First is there a way to clear the log so you can quickly see what happened during the last or on going test session without scrolling through a couple of hundred items? Where is there a discussion on how to read those log entries?

I think I see that my problem probably has to do with rule execution priority. I've read the user guide on it a few times and just got totally confused. I had initially assigned priorities to rules involving creating a new object and since initial attributes entered determined subsequent attributes that I wanted to have defaulted depending on the initial fields I assigned the priorities in order of the attribute on the form. I assumed the lower the number the higher the priority i.e. 10 takes precedence over 20. That seemed to work.

Is there some simpler explanation of the best way to set priorities. When I changed to let the assignment be automatic neither of the two rules I described in the previous post worked.

Thanks to anyone the can sort this out for me.
tford

Post by tford »

Which log are you using?

I prefer:
1) Click on AwareIM Control Panel
2) Click Logging
3) Check "log to viewer" (either Test logger or Main logger)
4) click View button beside it after you have run the AwareIM processes you are trying to isolate.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
tford

Post by tford »

Re: Your rule priority question

Unless I am missing something, there should be no reason rule priorities should need to changed from automatic for rules at :

http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3111
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres