Two 'READ PROTECT' rules

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
vinsnash

Two 'READ PROTECT' rules

Post by vinsnash »

1. If NOT(LoggedInRegularUser.Status = 'CO' AND NSCPers.UnitCode = LoggedInRegularUser.LoginName) THEN READ PROTECT NSCPers FROM Guest

2. If NOT(LoggedInRegularUser.Status = 'REG' AND NSCPers.UnitCode STARTSWITH LoggedInRegularUser.Region) READ PROTECT NSCPers FROM Guest

There is a 'RegularUser' instance with attribute Status of 'CO' and LoginName that and numerous instances of NSCPers with attribute UnitCode that matches. #1 works perfectly if LoginName = '054AXV' then RegularUser only sees query results that have the matching UnitCode '054AXV'

There is a 'RegularUser' with attribute 'Region' that is '054' and Status 'REG' and many instances of NCPers with UnitCode = '054XXX' where XXX = some character combination. Guest has 'Full Access' to NSCPers.

Both RegularUser instances use the same 'Access Level' and 'Visual Perspective'

#2 does not work. With RegularUser.LoginName of '054REG' and attribute 'Region' of '054' there are no results to the same query. The only difference I see is the use of 'STARTSWITH'

What am I missing here?

Thanks for the help.
tford

Post by tford »

A couple of ideas for you:

1) Your #2 does not have THEN but #1 does.... maybe a typo?

2) Have you looked at the logs to see what they say when #2 fires?

3) If STARTSWITH does not work for this scenario, try adding a new attribute NSCPers.UnitCodeRegion with a rule that grabs the region out of the UnitCode. NSCPers.UnitCodeRegion could then be used in rule #2 instead of STARTSWITH.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
vinsnash

Post by vinsnash »

Yes, it is a typo.

This is what I see on the log:

Started evaluation of rules after data has been changed by the actions
Checking rule COProtectRule (Rule #1)
Checking rule UnitLevelCodeRule
Action REPORT ERROR 'Invalid Unit Code detected' is not allowed during initialisation.

Rule #2 does not show.

"UnitLevelCodeRule" is meant to default the LoginName as the UnitCode attribute of NSCPers when creating a new instance.

If NSCPers IS NEW AND LoggedInRegularUser.Status='CO' Then
NSCPers.UnitCode=LoggedInRegularUser.LoginName

I haven't launched the create process only logged on with the regular user '054REG' and selected a query to run.

Again is there a way to clear those log entries after each test run?

Thanks for all the help
tford

Post by tford »

Only way to clear the log is to close it out + reopen it.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
vinsnash

Post by vinsnash »

I really don't see an option to 'close out' the log in the logging dialogue. I can view it, there is an 'edit option but other than that the only option I see is to close the view window.

When I do another session and look at the log it is all still there.

Thanks