Finding the name of a BO

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
sath01

Finding the name of a BO

Post by sath01 »

Is there an easy way to find the name of a BO ? If the BO is part of a BO Group, then you can use TYPE(GroupName), but is there a way to find out the BO name if it's not part of a BO Group ?
Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Why do you need it? If it's not part of a group, you can just use the name. Or move all the objects that you want to inquire about into a group.
Aware IM Support Team
sath01

Post by sath01 »

Fair enough. I thought I needed it, but when I went back and checked, then I probably don't if it isn't part of a group.
Another quick one then: Is it possible to set the Caption for a BO Form to other than the name of the BO ? For instance, I have a number of different types of correspondence, which are part of the correspondence BO Group, but I want all of their forms, and the corresponding tab in the UI to just say 'Correspondence'.
Thanks again for your prompt responses.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, you can specify the name explicitly for every form section. By default it is the name of the object. If a form has only one form section, the caption defined for this form section will be used as the caption of the form.
Aware IM Support Team
sath01

Post by sath01 »

Thanks. How would I specify the caption for a form with multiple sections ?
tford

Post by tford »

I never noticed that on forms with multiple form sections you can't specify the caption name.

I usually turn captions off on tabbed (multi-section) forms.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You cannot specify a caption for multi-tabbed forms - there isn't one.
Aware IM Support Team