Help with Process Writing

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
paddo2002

Post by paddo2002 »

Thanks Tom,
I had a go at it and the same story. I only get 1 of the notifications. The log still says it can find 2 items though. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that Revision is a daughter of Document where Document can have many revisions. Either way I still would have thought that if the find process can find 2 items, then why doesn't it Send to both items.

This one has me baffled.

Thanks again Tom

PM
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Hi Paddo,

Instead of using Find Revision where Revision.expirydate<=Current_Date and Revision.Status='Current'

Try

Find Revision where DATE DIFFERENCE(Revision.expirydate,Current_Date )>0 and Revision.Status='Current'

Mo
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

.... and with reference to Tom's Post

"Try putting the FIND in 1 process and calling a second process which has the SEND action."

In this process, on the General tab, you need to make sure "Revisions" is listed in the right hand box labeled " For this process"

It should work fine then

Mo
paddo2002

Post by paddo2002 »

Hi Rocketman,
That did the trick. I am a bit slow, being a novice with the whole programming thing. I managed to get it to work with the second process. Sorry Tom, I have only just worked out what you were getting at.

Just a note for anyone else who is reading along. The Date Difference should actually be Day_Difference.

Cheers and thanks to all who have contributed. I am grateful for the continued support this forum offers. It makes my life a whole lot easier.

Regards
PM
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Hi Paddo, No problem. I'm probably only a couple of pages ahead of you in the manal anyway. It's just processes were fresh in my mind.

A useful post to read woluld be

http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3083

It's a recent dialog with Tom on the very subject of when to use the "process for input" column and when not

Note to Aware_support. could do with a separate section on Processes in this forum because it does seem to catch a lot of us Newbies out - and the search facilites don't seem to be working that well

Mo
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Hi Paddo, No problem. I'm probably only a couple of pages ahead of you in the manal anyway. It's just processes were fresh in my mind.

A useful post to read woluld be

http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3083

It's a recent dialog with Tom on the very subject of when to use the "process for input" column and when not

Note to Aware_support. could do with a separate section on Processes in this forum because it does seem to catch a lot of us Newbies out - and the search facilites don't seem to be working that well

Mo