Hiding an attribute label on a form

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
sath01

Hiding an attribute label on a form

Post by sath01 »

I am trying to make an attribute, which is an editable HTML text attribute, take up the entire of a tabbed form section. I assume the best way to do this is to not show the label. Is there a proper way to do this ?
I have removed the label text, and set the label width of the column to 1 (won't let me do zero), but it still shows the colon (:).
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

If you look at the properties of the HTML cell you will see that there is a checkbox called "Hide label". You need to tick it.
Aware IM Support Team
sath01

Post by sath01 »

I cannot find the 'properties of the HTML cell'.
Where do I get to this please ?
Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

See "Defing Form Section Layout" section in the User Guide. Select the HTML cell in the section layout dialog and click on Edit. Then tick the "Hide label" checkbox in the cell properties dialog
Aware IM Support Team
sath01

Post by sath01 »

OK, I see where the confusion lies.
I have a standard attribute showing, not an HTML cell on the form.
It is plain text, but using HTML Format, and uses the HTML Editor.
I want the HTML editor to take up the entire section (displayed as a tab), without a label.
Is this possible ?
Thanks for your prompt replies.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

One solution would be to set labels to be "above the field" rather than "to the left" and specify an empty label (you can set the "set above" option in the properties dialog of the column where the HTML editor is
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

If you really need it to be tabbed, you could make the HTML attribute a reference attribute instead. The BO involved will own the reference BO. Reference attributes allow you to have a blank label without the :
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
tford

Post by tford »

Please ignore my last post.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
sath01

Post by sath01 »

Having the label on top still means you get a blank line with a colon. I guess it can't be done natively. It would be great if there was a way to simply turn off the label altogether for any attribute.

In addition, it would be great to be able to specify an attribute takes up the entire width and height of a column. There are settings that imply this in the column settings for the form section, but even when these are set to 100%, it still leaves a margin around the attribute.

The example I am using is that a 'meeting' has a record of conversation attribute, which is HTML, using the editor to allow some simple formatting. In order that the user doesn't have to scroll down to see the form, I have it on a section (and hence tab) of it's own. The section title is 'Record of Conversation', so a label isn't necessary, and the margins between the outer edge of the attribute and the inner edge of the section are not necessary either.

Anyway - maybe something for version 5 ?

Thanks for the help and prompt replies. I have found it very impressive that the Aware IM Support monitor and provide help in these forums so freely and willingly, as well as other users (like tford) pitching in with their thoughts and knowledge. Once I have learned enough to also be of assistance, I will also help out. Thanks again and keep up the great work.