stuck with Login Logic

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

stuck with Login Logic

Post by rocketman »

Hi all, I'm just a bit stuck getting my head around the login process. I have a BO called Members with 500 records Each record has a unique membership number and a password (except it's called sec because in my old system password was a reserved word.

I want my members to be able to login using their old credentials - membership number and sec.

Is there a way I can replace Regular User with Members? I tried making Members part of the SystemUser group last night but when I tried to log in using a membership number the login process still looked in RegularUser and of course didn't find anything

I'm probably missing something simple.

Worse case scenario, I could add all my members attributes to RegularUser and rebuild the data - but there's a lot of attribs in Members + a lot of referenced BO's - IS THERE AN EASIER WAY

Help!!
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Forget this one ... I must've been tired last night. I re-did my work tonight and it worked exactly as the manual said it should